MAKE WAVES WITH DECIBELS
REGISTER FOR OUR 2022 ANNUAL EDUCATIONAL AWARENESS WEEK. CLICK HERE TO BEGIN YOUR REGISTRATION AND BECOME A WAKEMAKER!
WHAT IS IT
- Make Waves with Decibels is a week-long educational awareness and fundraising campaign for The Decibels Foundation.
- You can create a personalized individual or team fundraising page.
- Ask your family and friends to support you in "making waves" for Deaf and Hard of Hearing children and their families.
- Join us on Thursday, March 31st for our benefit night at Flatbread Company in Bedford, MA 5-9pm (dine in or take out, your choice).
HOW IT WORKS
- During the week of the campaign, post pictures and videos to social media using #makewaveswithdecibels
- Tag The Decibels Foundation in your posts
- Be as creative as you want about making waves and raising funds
- With each post you make, nominate three people to make a new post
WAYS TO RAISE AWARENESS
- Each day, we will profile a Wave Maker and Facts of the Day about hearing loss. Check in each day of the campaign for new profiles and facts to share.
- Post a picture or video of yourself waving your hands, waving a flag, jumping in the waves!
- Post a picture or video of yourself making waves for Deaf and Hard of Hearing children!
- Post a picture or video of someone that is making waves for Deaf and Hard of Hearing children!
- Share this information with others as you raise awareness and raise funds!
The Decibels Foundation has been hosting a week long awareness campaign since 2011. Individuals and teams have raised over $125,000 to support programs for Deaf and Hard of Hearing children & their families! These are some of the ways these funds have been used:
- Minute Man Arc Early Intervention Hearing Loss Program, located in Concord, MA
- Family-Centered Outreach Events at Boston Children's Hospital
- Transitions Program at Boston Children's Hospital
- Decibels Scholarship in Speech-Language Pathology at Emerson College
- Decibels Scholarship in Audiology at Northeastern University
- Cochlear Implant Spare Parts Bank at Boston Children's Hospital
- Sound Start Hearing Aid Loan Program at Boston Children's Hospital