Make Waves with Decibels, April 5th - 9th
Welcome to Make Waves Week 2021!
Make Waves with Decibels is a week-long campaign to RAISE AWARENESS and RAISE FUNDS to support Deaf and Hard of Hearing children and their families!
In past awareness week campaigns that the Decibels Foundation has hosted, over 250 students, teachers, family members and professionals have come together to raise awareness and over $20,000 to support Deaf and Hard of Hearing children and their families.
Each day we will be posting facts and educational information about hearing loss.
Everyone is encouraged to log-on to https://secure.frontstream.com/makewaveswithdecibels each day to learn something new and share what you've learned with others. Here are a few comments we received last year about our daily hearing loss awareness pages:
"What I learned was awesome! I can't wait to learn more :]:}"
"I was able to share more facts about hearing loss with classmates. My bracelet was loved by my friends, and people asked me about it, so I could explain about my brother and deafness."
"Very interesting and engaging"
"We love learning about sign language!"
The Decibels Foundation has been hosting a week long awareness campaign since 2011. Individuals and teams have raised over $120,000 to support programs for Deaf and Hard of Hearing children & their families! These are some of the ways these funds have been used:
- Minute Man Arc Early Intervention Hearing Loss Program, located in Concord, MA
- Family-Centered Outreach Events at Boston Children's Hospital
- Transitions Program at Boston Children's Hospital
- Decibels Scholarship in Speech-Language Pathology at Emerson College
- Decibels Scholarship in Audiology at Northeastern University
- Cochlear Implant Spare Parts Bank at Boston Children's Hospital
- Sound Start Hearing Aid Loan Program at Boston Children's Hospital
You will have until Friday, April 30th to fundraise!
Registration for Make Waves with Decibels 2021 is closed.
Please contact Shauna White at email@example.com for more information.
Thank YOU for Supporting Children with Hearing Loss & their Families!
SAVE THE DATE: April 6th, 2021 - Benefit Dinner at Flatbread in Burlington, MA!
Contact Shauna White at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (978) 637-2622.